Ideal Beds and Mattresses are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy, Cookie and Data Protection Policy Statement was last updated on 1 September 2019. If you have not reviewed it since that date, please do so. You will not receive any other notice of changes to this statement.
Privacy Information for www.idealbedsmattresses.co.uk
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By www.idealbedsmattresses.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), your data is being collected by the owner of Ideal Beds and Mattresses - Robert Adams.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.idealbedsmattresses.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you submit an enquiry about a product and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to view customer interaction with our website to monitor how well our website is performing.
We do not use third-party advertiser cookies. You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below. To enable us to monitor the usage of our website and the success of our marketing, we use Google Analytics which uses a variety of cookies. These are used to track visitors and collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you:
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
- If you are a new customer we may contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this by clicking the relevant ‘submit’ button on the form our website where you enter your information. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please un-tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (which include the online booking form where we have one on our site, and our contact and registration forms);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our company as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- We may only disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- If Ideal Beds and Mattresses or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ideal Beds and Mattresses, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us via email : email@example.com Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Ideal Beds and Mattresses places great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our customers and prospective customers who have made enquiries. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of such data under our control. For example our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to customer information. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we will use our best efforts to prevent this.